Marco Picci was born in Carbonia and today works in Switzerland. Cultivate a passion for drawing since childhood. In 1992 during a seven-month stay in Pesaro (IT), he began his first personal studies on drawing and anatomy, gaining knowledge and experience to be able to face a realistic and hyper-realistic pictorial style, with a strong technical component-based precisely on the design.
From 1995 he began to dedicate himself to watercolor, he is one of the very few artists to use this difficult technique for hyper-realistic paintings. From 2001 he began to take part in national and international competitions and exhibitions, in 2003 he won the 1st prize of the Mario Dibi competition for watercolor painting, in 2006 he was among the finalist winners of the international competition Arte Prize announced by the famous Italian magazine.
His works have been exhibited in various exhibitions and galleries together with those of: Aligi Sassu, Pietro Annigoni, Walter Lazzaro, Arman and numerous other artists. Since 2009 he lives and works in Switzerland.
- International dictionary of art, is published by World Wide Art Books, INC Santa Barbara (CA) U.S.A.
- Hong Kong (China) S.O.T.A. Gallery, exhibition dedidated to italian hyperrealism
- Adliswil (Switzerland) Solo-Exhibition Von Realismus Zum Hyperrealismus
- Calvi (France) Galerie Marie Ricco
- Neuheimer Kunstausstellung, Neuheim (Switzerland) Solo-Exhibition curated by Regina Veter
- Cremona (Italy) Galleria Immagini Spazio Arte